Questions to ask your doctor

  • When should testosterone therapy be started in a boy?

  • What should I do to prevent or treat any bone problems?

  • Will I be able to have children?

  • Are there other medical problems that I need to monitor?

  • What are my options for testosterone therapy?

  • Will I have normal sexual function?

  • Can I have my own biologic children?


Find-an-Endocrinologist: or call 1-800-HORMONE (1-800-467-6663)

National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Information Resource Center, National Institutes of Health (NIH) or call 1-800-370-2943

Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center, NIH or call 1-888-205-2311

Genetics Home Reference website, National Library of Medicine, NIH

Adrian Dobs, MD, MHS
Alvin M. Matsumoto, MD

2nd Edition March 2012