Questions to ask your doctor
- When should testosterone therapy be started in a boy?
- What should I do to prevent or treat any bone problems?
- Will I be able to have children?
- Are there other medical problems that I need to monitor?
- What are my options for testosterone therapy?
- Will I have normal sexual function?
- Can I have my own biologic children?
www.hormone.org or call 1-800-HORMONE (1-800-467-6663)
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Information Resource Center, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/klinefelter_syndrome.cfm or call 1-800-370-2943
Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center, NIH
www.rarediseases.info.nih.gov/GARD/Condition/8705/Klinefelter_syndrome.aspx or call 1-888-205-2311
Genetics Home Reference website, National Library of Medicine, NIH
Adrian Dobs, MD, MHS
Alvin M. Matsumoto, MD
2nd Edition March 2012